Description: Discuss the Biblical Principles of Marriage in the context of Reintegration and use small group interaction, questions and answers and couple projects to enable a successful transition/reintegration after deployment. The Art Of Marriage Video Series provides the basis for this workshop.
Session 1 – Love Happens (God’s Design for Marriage)
• Leave, Cleave and Become One Flesh
• The Garden and the Triangle of Relationship (God as the Center of Your Marriage)
Session 2 – Love Fades then Blossoms
God’s Design for Marriage
• Understand how to overcome isolation and reestablish Oneness
• Dealing with the Combat Experience and Combat Stress
Session 3 – Love Interrupted
• Getting the Rocks out of the Ruck – Loss and Grieving
• Find ways to improve communication and effectively resolve conflicts
Session 4 - Love Always
• Your Marriage matters to more than just you
• Make plans to leave a lasting legacy
• Meet with the appropriate Chaplain to share your ministry vision and ask to be their volunteer leader, under their guidance and leadership.
• Obtain budget guidance and support via email or other written means. Once a budget is approved you will need to secure a venue to hold the event.
• Recruit a team to help with prayer, planning, promotion, and conduct, and follow-up of the event.
• Proposed Schedules and manuals are available on-line. In addition the talks can be made available for your adaptation.
Resources Needed: A venue (either hotel, community center, or equivalent) needs to be reserved early on. You will need to print the manuals and schedules. It is recommended to have one copy of Defending the Military Marriage for each couple to encourage the formation of small groups after the event.
Questions or Comments? Ask the experts by completing the pop-out form at the right.
Steve and Carlene Myer
Complete the Form Below