1. Offer to babysit your friends’ kids for a Weekend to Remember—and they will babysit yours for the next Weekend to Remember! It’s a win/win!
2. If the cost of the conference hotel is too much check around the area for another hotel which might not be as expensive. And don’t forget to ask for a military discount!
3. Try to arrive at the conference early enough to get checked-in at the hotel and relax for a bit before 7:00 on Friday night. The idea is to get out of your work mind-set and begin the transformation to a romantic weekend.
4. Remember that people who attend retreats do not leave with enriched marriages, but people who attend retreats and make decisions to change leave with enriched marriages. It’s up to you!
5. Some people like to attend a retreat with friends and close to home. Others like to have time to themselves at a retreat further away. Either way is great!
6. Consider giving the retreat to your spouse as an anniversary gift or Valentine’s Day gift. Recurrent training is important in the military—and in marriage!
7. If you find the seminar or retreat to be helpful, how about paying for your friends to attend next year?