Description: This retreat has been used in a 2 ½ and a 2 day format both in hotels and community centers.
• There are five basic sessions
-- two based on Defending the Military Marriage;
-- one on Resolving Conflict in Your Marriage;
-- one based on Defending the Military Family, and;
-- one session for a Gospel presentation.
• The four HomeBuilders sessions are designed
-- to have an introduction by a speaker couple (10-15 minutes);
-- small group interaction (30-40 minutes), and;
-- a wrap-up by the speaker couple (5-10 minutes);
• A six session in the full weekend is designed for a panel discussion that can either be men with men and women with women or a combined session.
• Meet with the appropriate Chaplain to share your ministry vision and ask to be their volunteer leader, under chaplain guidance and leadership.
• Obtain budget guidance and support via email or other written means. Once a budget is approved you will need to secure a venue to hold the event.
• Recruit a team to help with prayer, planning, promotion, and conduct, and follow-up of the event.
• Proposed Schedules and manuals are available on-line. In addition the talks can be made available for your adaptation.
Resources Needed: A venue (either hotel, community center, or equivalent) needs to be reserved early on. You will need to print the manuals and schedules. It is recommended to have one copy of Defending the Military Marriage for each couple to encourage the formation of small groups after the event.
Questions or Comments? Ask the experts by completing the pop-out form at the right.
Jim and Bea Fishback
Complete the Form Below