Making Your Marriage Deployment Ready
Description: A 1-day workshop at unit or chapel level. Discuss the Biblical Principles of Marriage in the context of Deployment and use small group interaction, questions and answers and couple projects to prepare for deployment. Based on the HomeBuilders by the same name.
Session 1 – Deployment Threats
• Difficult Adjustments.
Session 2 – Mission Planning
God’s Design for Marriage
• Leave, Cleave and Become One Flesh
• The Garden and the Triangle of Relationship (God as the Center of Your Marriage)
Session 3 – Thriving During Deployment
Choosing Your Attitude
5 Keys To thriving During Deployment
• Being In Community – JTD Opportunity
• Faith in God (Testimony)
• God is in Control
• God as Anchor
• Meet with the appropriate Chaplain to share your ministry vision and ask to be their volunteer leader, under their guidance and leadership.
• Obtain budget guidance and support via email or other written means. Once a budget is approved you will need to secure a venue to hold the event.
• Recruit a team to help with prayer, planning, promotion, and conduct, and follow-up of the event.
• Proposed Schedules and manuals are available on-line. In addition the talks can be made available for your adaptation.
Resources Needed: A venue (either hotel, community center, or equivalent) needs to be reserved early on. You will need to print the manuals and schedules. It is recommended to have one copy of Defending the Military Marriage for each couple to encourage the formation of small groups after the event.
Questions or Comments? Ask the experts by completing the pop-out form at the right.
Steve and Carlene Myer
Complete the Form Below