Description: The Art of Marriage brings a fresh approach to a video event by weaving together a variety of elements that help the principles come to life through engaging stories, real-life testimonies, humorous vignettes, and more. The accompanying manual you will receive is full of articles, useful tips, and powerful projects to help you live what you learn this event is designed to help you grow as a couple and strengthen the foundation of your marriage through six dynamic sessions:
• Love Happens Discover God’s plan and purpose
• Love Fades: Understand how to overcome isolation
• Love Dances: Learn how to fulfill our responsibilities
• Love Interrupted: Find ways to improve communication and effectively resolve conflicts
• Love Sizzles: Take steps to experience real intimacy
• Love Always: Make plans to leave a lasting legacy
• If this is a chapel based event or small group, meet with the installation Family Life Chaplain (or other senior chaplain) to share your ministry vision and ask to be their volunteer leader, under chaplain guidance and leadership.
• If this is a church based event or home small group share your ministry vision with church leaders and ask for their endorsement.
• Obtain budget guidance and support via email or other written means.
-- Secure funding for the manuals and Childcare. (Budgeting is often done in the spring prior to the next fiscal year.)
-- Make purchases ONLY AFTER funding approval. Register and order your manuals from TheArtofMarriageOps.com.
• Recruit and train your facilitator couples.
-- Share the discipleship vision with the facilitator leadership team a month or so before the first session begins.
-- Schedule the meeting location and put meeting dates on the official calendar.
• Coordinate childcare details with chapel/church representative.
Resources Needed: The Art of Marriage Event Kit or small group leader kit and manuals for each couple can be ordered from FamilyLife.
Questions or Comments? Ask the experts by competing the form on the pop-out panel to the right.
Morrie and Shirley Lawing
Complete the Form Below